Monday 14 October 2013

Black and Gold

As usual, I've received nail mail a-plenty this week, and I can't wait to use and share my new goodies with you all! However, I wanted to do a design using some of my favourite polishes from the days before my obsession really took hold. As you may have seen from my instagram post (@theprincessandthepolish), I've used my University's colours because I'm such a top supportive Uni gal - bleed black and gold!

Barry M cosmetics have always been one of my absolute favourite brands, and while my tastes have become more varied, my inner 15 year old (and my 20 year old student's pocket!) will ultimately always return to Barry M for both nostalgia and quality. I've also used Seventeen's "Fury" in the design, plus a little glittery polish I picked up this summer in Puerto Rico. 

My "nailspiration" this week came not from one of the fabulous nail community, but from my own bedroom, or rather an item from my own bedroom; my new babies (not literally...)! I found them when wandering around the very lovely little town of Buxton in Derbyshire, attempting to amuse myself without spending whilst my boyfriend was at work. Unfortunately, I have zero willpower so they found their way to me via the wonders of online shopping and they aren't going back - I wish I were sorry, but I'm not. Of course, I did also manage to pick up not one, not two, but three little bottles of nail polish on sale... But they were on sale! That counts as not spending, right? Yes? Okay, I feel I've convinced myself now...

Base coat: Rimmel Stronger Try Harder Base
Black: Barry M Nail Paint - Black No. 47
Polka dots: Seventeen Fast Finish - Fury
Glitter: Holiday bargain!

I've got a lot of work on at the moment so I've not managed to do many posts this past week (evidently) but I have, of course, made time for my nails; expect a few posts when this week's deadlines have passed of some of my favourite manis. 

Have any of you absolutely fallen in love with a nail art design inspired by an item of clothing that you own?

Remember: it's October, so Breast Cancer Awareness month. Keep posting your painted pink manis to show solidarity! It's a great excuse to have extra girly nails. Although it IS Monday... So maybe wait until Wednesday? On Wednesdays, we wear pink.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to get your feedback on my nails and my blog, so feel free to let me know what you do/don't enjoy; I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks x