Wednesday 23 October 2013

Cute Polish does it again!

Today's post is really to share an amazing technique I have discovered from Cute Polish's fabulous page, which has all kinds of handy hints and tips when it comes to nail art and even nail care.

Before we do this, I need to share with you this polish; Lady. It is just one of the Barry M Royal Glitters range, and it. Is. Beautiful. At first, I wasn't too sure if a white glitter polish was a good idea, and on first application, I wasn't too impressed; I stupidly added a top coat, which took away all of its textured glory. This time around, however, I fell in love!

It took me three coats to get this level of coverage, but you could easily get away with two; I am a little paranoid about my colours! It dried pretty quickly, as most glitters do, and I knew this time that a top coat was a no-go; it was perfect on its own. If I'm being honest (and I am!) I said more than a few times to my ever so tolerant housemates (hi guys!) that it felt like I had snow on my fingertips - this may well be the perfect go-to Christmas polish when there just isn't enough time for detailed nail art!

Here are a few snaps of the polish:


Isn't it lovely? I always feel very regal with glitter on my nails, but the removal process is always so time-consuming that I instantly regret it. BUT - glitter lovers, don't fear, there is a fool-proof way to remove your glitters with minimal hassle and effort.

As I previously mentioned, this wonderful technique came from Cute Polish, so go and check out her awesome nail tutorials for your own manis. For this you will need:

5 cotton pads
nail polish remover
tin foil
10 minutes of your time!



Step 1: Soak a cotton pad with nail polish remover, and place firmly over the glittery nail. 
Step 2: Wrap cotton pad with tin foil to hold in place.
Step 3: Repeat this for all nails and wait for around 10 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the foil and cotton pad; et voila! The last two photos show just how great the results are - I didn't believe it until I tried it, now I'm converted! 

Let me know how you get on with this removal technique; do you have any other hand hints and tips when it comes to nail care?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to get your feedback on my nails and my blog, so feel free to let me know what you do/don't enjoy; I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks x