Thursday 17 October 2013

Isn't She Precious?

As promised, here is another post of a previous mani from last week. For those of you who follow my instagram (@theprincessandthepolish) this isn't the first time you've seen these nails. As will be the case with many of you, Breast Cancer has not only affected the lives of family friends, but also very close family members; as such, I always try to show support for Breast Cancer Research wherever possible. I think in doing these nails, I feel that I am doing my own little thing to support the cause. Although my amazing Granny unfortunately lost her battle with breast cancer in 2001 (along with the remaining secondary and tertiary forms of cancer which came towards the end), my beautiful Auntie is still here. I know that the work Breast Cancer Research does saves lives every day, and I only wish I could do something more to help those who have so greatly helped me. The title of this blog is apt in so many ways; not only is it the name of the pink polish I used for these "Paint It Pink" nails, but it highlights just how special each and every one of us women (and men, of course!) are to the people that we love - we are precious.

Onto the topic of nails...


Here, I have used a variety of polishes. The predominant colour I have used is Rimmel Salon Pro "Isn't She Precious?". I used two coats, and the coverage is perfect. The glitter accent nail is just beautiful, one of my favourite new polishes of the week! It is one of the Barry M Textured Polishes new Royal Glitters range, "Princess" - I felt it was quite an aptly titled polish for me! The white is an unnamed polish, I think one free from a magazine a few years ago. I must invest in a proper one as it isn't the best quality, unfortunately. As always, I've added a slick of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat to seal in the designs and it is still my favourite and most worthwhile purchase I've made in a long time! It has certainly made me very reluctant to even try any others - highly recommended.

Sorry that this post has been a little heavier/more self-indulgent than is perhaps acceptable to be on such a subject. I hope that you can all show your support in some way and show me some of your own ideas! I'll be attempting more pink manis throughout October, so get your ideas in and I can give a few of them a go!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to get your feedback on my nails and my blog, so feel free to let me know what you do/don't enjoy; I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks x