Tuesday 15 October 2013

Blue nails for a blue mood

I wasn't intending on posting a totally new mani so soon, but circumstances have changed a little - following a very severe four day long migraine, including a very powerful (and painful) knock to the top of my head and subsequently experiencing numerous little wobbles and falls, I finally made my way over to the Northern General Accident and Emergency department yesterday. Yes, you guessed it, I have concussion, combined with the actual proper flu! Ordinarily, this would all be very exciting, if not a little scary, had I not caused said concussion myself by walking into my housemate's door frame... Ah, the joys of always completely conforming to the stereotype of my hair colour. (Blonde, of course!)

The point of explaining this (very embarrassing) story is to say that I've been advised to stay at home and rest for the next ten days (um, excuse me Doc, but I am in my final year - a simple two days of "rest" [i.e. nails] will have to do!) so expect plenty of posts, be them previous manis or new.

I took the opportunity today to attempt a new gradient mani after reading the thenailasaurus' tutorial. I'd tried it myself before and it just didn't seem to work, but following her wonderful tutorial, I already feel like a pro. Although I've taken a step-by-step pictorial approach, make sure you check out her blog post; there are a few sneaky little hints and tips there that I shan't be elaborating on. It might be a little time-consuming, but beautiful nails are always worth spending time on!

Collection 2000 "Hot Looks Fast Dry" - Button Moon
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint - Blueberry
Rimmel Salon Pro with Lyrca - Navy Seal
China Glaze - Fairy Dust
Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat





You don't have to add a sparkle coat, but I am forever in love with Fairy Dust by China Glaze, and I always look for ways to sneakily add it into manis... The curse of being a princess, I guess! This was the perfect pick-me-up; every time I look down, instead of going dizzy and gradually regaining focus on boring naked nails, I see these beauties. I've also been searching for the perfect thermal polish; this looks like one mid-temperature shift - fab!

I can't wait to try this method again, it worked perfectly. Have you got any unusual gradient methods/designs?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to get your feedback on my nails and my blog, so feel free to let me know what you do/don't enjoy; I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks x